The Calipatria Active Transportation Plan has been adopted!
Thank you for helping to shape this Plan by providing input through surveys, social media, and the Community Conversations event. We are excited to share that the City Council adopted the Plan on December 8.
How can you stay involved?
This Active Transportation Plan represents a significant step towards improving walking and biking in our community. The City will work to secure funding and begin implementing priority projects, and will continue to engage with the community as projects are implemented.
To help with those efforts or to stay in the loop, contact us.
Thank you for your interest in the Calipatria Active Transportation Plan! The plan provides a blueprint for a future Calipatria where walking and riding a bike are safer and more convenient ways to get around. The heart of the plan includes a comprehensive network of facilities and programs designed to make walking and biking viable choices for everyday trips and recreation.
No events here yet!
The Community Advisory Committee met regularly throughout the planning process to help guide the plan’s development and encourage other community members to get involved. Representatives included:
- Rom Medina, City Manager, City of Calipatria
- Maria Nava-Froelich, Calipatria Councilmember, Calipatria Unified School District, Calipatria-Niland Family Resource Center
- Natasha Saucedo, City of Calipatria
- Raul Navarro, Calipatria School Board
- Jeorge Galvan, The Holt Group
- Elisa Bonnie Zendejas, Planning Commission
- Maria Hisel, community member
- Christian Froelich, community member
- Yoli Viviana Sanchez, Imperial County Public Health
- Seth Cutter, Caltrans District 11
- Vanessa De La Rosa, District 11
Kick-off March 2020
Needs Assessment April 2020 – June 2020
No events here yet!
Community Training: Active Transportation Planning 101
March 3, 2020 | 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Self-Guided Walking Tour
August 10, 2020
Watch the recording of the virtual town hall.
September 29, 2020 | 5:00 pm | YouTube
October 1, 2020
October 1, 2020 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Present to Planning Commission
November 16, 2020 | 6:00 pm
Present to City Council for adoption
December 8, 2020 | 6:00 pm
If you have questions or comments about the project, please share them with us. Project staff check website feedback weekly and will respond to you soon. You may also contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.